We are committed to improving the welfare of animals by addressing the
extensive overpopulation problem among homeless dogs and cats.
We accomplish this mission by:
- Saving as many dogs as possible from overcrowded shelters;
- Accepting surrendered and abandoned dogs and cats;
- Spaying or neutering every animal in our care;
- Working with our community to Trap-Neuter-Release stray/colony cats
and providing rescue and care to injured and sick kittens and cats from
- And through adoption, finding forever loving homes for all our animals
Oregon Friends of Shelter Animals (OFOSA) is a registered Oregon 501(c)3 non-profit, all donations are tax deductible. We are a Foster-Based Animal Rescue located in the Portland, Oregon metro area.
Founded in 2002 at the kitchen table of Cathy & Bill Nechak along with Sue Woodson & Loretta Flemming. OFOSA received its IRS non-profit designation in 2003 and our tax number is 20-0003876. We are grateful to these founders for their mission and vision! We are celebrating 20 years in rescue with over 20,000 animals rescued!
For more specific and current information about our lifesaving efforts, please check out our 2022 Year in Review.
We want to make sure that every member of our community feels wanted, welcomed, and needed as they interact with our organization. This is the key to being able to help as many animals as possible. Please click HERE to read our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion statement.