URGENT! Fosters Needed ASAP!
Foster orientations (for dogs) will be held at Barkzone – Bethany on December 30th at 1 pm and on January 13 at 1 pm. Please make sure you fill out an application below and you’ll receive further information on when to attend the orientation. Thank you!
You can provide the critical step for dogs and cats moving from the shelter environment to a permanent loving home. By opening your heart and home to a shelter animal, you prevent needless euthanasia due to a lack of space in shelters. The number of animals we save largely depends on the number of foster homes we have available.
There is no special training needed. You simply need a desire to care for a dog or cat and the willingness to meet the animal’s needs by providing:
- a safe, healthy, clean environment (with fenced back yard for dogs preferably)
- healthy food (provided if needed and requested)
- medications (provided if prescribed)
- your own home or a landlord that will allow you to foster
- transportation to and from weekly adoption events and vet appointments (if applicable)
The overall mission of the OFOSA foster care network is to give animals individualized care and the additional time they need to locate their “forever home.”
Upcoming Foster Training Workshop — TBA
Apply to be an OFOSA Foster: