Have you lost or found a beloved pet?
Here are a few steps you should take to help find Fido or Fifi or to find their owners!
- Notify appropriate county animal services by filing lost or found report – typically online
- Post on Facebook, Lost/Found Pets – Washington County, Multnomah County Lost & Found Pets; Hillsboro Oregon Lost/Found Pets; or your local community page
- Post on NextDoor in your neighborhood
- Post on PawBoost
- Post on Petco Love Lost
- Talk with neighbors
- Hang brightly colored, waterproof flyers around immediate area
- Contact one of the local finder/trappers for help
Here are other resources that might help.
Helpful Things to Do if You Lost a Pet
How to Find the Owner of a Found Pet
OFOSA can accept stray cats but we cannot legally accept stray dogs. Check often with your local county shelter for lost dogs. If you have found a cat and would like to speak to us, please give us a call at 503-747-7818.