OFOSA relies on support from our community to continue our mission. It is expensive to rescue animals from overcrowded shelters, provide them with needed medical care, and supply our foster base with food and other supplies.
On average, our monthly costs to rescue and care for the animals amounts to:
- Our average medical costs are a whopping $8,000!
- Housing and transportation for our animals costs on average $3,000.
- The cost of feeding our fosters averages $1,500.
- Supplies to care for our rescue animals runs us $500.
That’s an average of $13,000 per month in expenses used to care for the animals.
Small sacrifices can make a BIG difference
- Give up a $5 cup of coffee and provide a much-needed vaccine to a rescue animal.
- Give up a $10 restaurant lunch and you can provide the security of a microchip.
- Give up a $25 night at the movies and feed six animals for a week.
- Instead of a $50 date night, keep the romance home and buy a spay/neuter surgery that will ultimately end the suffering of hundreds of unwanted animals.
Be a HERO with monthly donation commitment
For the security conscious – You may notice this page does not display the padlock or https in the address bar. However, the donation portion of the page above that captures your name and credit card information is connected by secure server to our database provider (Trail Blazer). Their server IS securing your credit card transaction. If you would like to go directly to the page processing your transaction, click this link.
Donations can also be mailed to:
4240 SW 185th
Beaverton, OR 97078
Oregon Friends of Shelter Animals (OFOSA) is an all volunteer 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Every dollar you donate goes towards the rescue and care of shelter animals and can be used as a tax deduction. Once we receive your donation, OFOSA will send you a thank you letter, including our tax ID number.